Jun 13, 2010

end of an era...

yea, of those who don't know me in real life, probably didn't know that I'm also a very big Harry Potter fan.
Yesterday was the last day of filming, and for several years I've been dreaming to visit the set. That's never going to happend. It's impossible now, unless I can build a timemachine, which seems obviously more impossible.
I know that the cast feel far more worse than I do, but for some reason I'm sad and a bit depressed. It's almost all over now.
The first time I heard of Harry Potter, when I was probably 6 years old. My stepmother had just brought the books(1, 2 and 3). Later on she got the fourth book, and I thought it was huge - no, not huge... ENORMONUS! Then she got the movie on dvd, and watched it with me, when I was probably already 7. I remember I thought it was scary. Yes, I was scared of everything back then. But I kinda liked, it was good enough.

A year later, my stepmother got the second one on dvd. Again we watched, and again I felt the same about it as well as the first one.

In summer of 2004, me, my littlesister, my aunt and her boyfriend(now ex) went to the cinema to see the third one. I thought it was great, I really liked the movie and I was btw almost 10 years old back then. My littlesister though, she wasn't really interested. She sat on the floor and began to sing, which was very annoying. Even those in front of us, had to ask her to be quiet(she didn't listen).
So for Christmas, I got the 2-disc dvd. However, I didn't read the books though. I was too lazy and not into reading at all.

Then in 2005, I saw that the fourth movie had premiere, so I invited my bestfriend, who was and is also a very big Harry Potter fan, to see the movie with me on the day after the danish premiere. I absolutely loved it. It was so great. I just had to read the books now.

So I did. I got most of them for Christmas, and then one from my grandmother and one from mother afterwards. I loved the books. I couldn't stop reading them, but I had to wait to 2007 to watch the fifth movie. And then to 2009 to watch the sixth movie. And to 2010 to watch the seventh one. And 2011 to the eight one..........................

I just can't believe it's almost over already. I don't want to be over. This year is definitely the turning point for me. I have almost graduated from the school I have been attending for 10 years now...

No comments:

Post a Comment